Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Back to Athens...one last time

As I pack up my clothes and grumble as I haul them down to my car again, I realize this is the last time I'll be moving back to Athens. I can't tell you how many times I moved myself in and out of that city, not to mention moving to and from Milledgeville during my time there. I'll be heading back for the month to take my last two classes I need for my masters and then I'll be moving out of Athens for good. This lively city has been like a second home to me for years and it will be weird not having my little "escape" right up the road anymore. I have met many wonderful people, experienced many great things, and learned so much in preparation for my future career and (as cliche as it sounds) about myself. Even though I know I will miss the "Holy City" of the Bulldogs as my paster jokingly refers to it, I feel like it has served its purpose for me and I am ready to move on.
Everyone says I'm going to miss this college life of no responsibilities, sleeping in, eating whatever, hanging with friends whenever, etc and I know I will. But at some point, it sort of becomes meaningless. I like to know I am working towards something and I am finally reaching the point to start the "something" and its a very exciting time. I am definitely going to make the most of my last month there though! Here are some of the things I will be doing this month as a final hurray of being a student at UGA:
Take a walk through North Campus
Eat Keba
A night out, including Boar's Head
Drive on the loop (I finally figured it out this year!...almost)
Ride a bus
Visit everyone I know still left in Athens (most are gone)
Visit Memorial Park
Workout at Ramsey...maybe ;)
See a dollar movie
Menchie's froyo

No comments:

Post a Comment